Antoine de Saint-Exupery wrote, “For true love is inexhaustible; the more you give, the more you have. And if you go to draw at the true fountainhead, the more water you draw, the more abundant is its flow.” I agree with this great French writer and poet. I am never without anything that I need for long, and I attribute that to my selfless acts of kindness.
I can attest that there are numerous benefits to helping others. I wrote about the benefits in a previous post, “Giving, What It Can Do for You.” I am not a millionaire, but I can give like a millionaire! Here’s how you can do it too: Give without worrying about the return. Give to education, to your church, and/or your community. Give your time to help others.
You will not regret your decision to give like a millionaire! Your life and your legacy will change. You will gain more respect and admiration from people you may not even know. I salute your efforts! I also salute those millionaires who dedicate their time and money to make a difference. These philanthropists give unselfishly, and we can do the same.
Here are my favorite philanthropists who inspire me to give like a millionaire:
1. Oprah Winfrey-She has three charitable foundations that support many causes.
2. Magic Johnson-He’s not just a business icon; he gives to so many organizations!
3. Sheila C. Johnson-The co-founder of BET is actually a billionaire who gives.
4. Tom Joyner-He not only supports HBCUs, but he supports voter registration.
5. Alicia Keys-Her work as an AIDS activist is admirable!
6. Denzel Washington-He’s noted for supporting BGCA, but he also supports military families.
7. Rosario Dawson-She empowers Latina youth through voter-registration programs.
8. LeBron James-He supports his alma mater as well as other education initiatives.
9. Eva Longoria-Her foundation supports parent engagement and awareness for Latinas.
10. Steve Harvey-We need more mentoring and apprenticeship programs like his.
Do you believe that you need to have millions to give like a millionaire? Please comment.