I like what Leo Kottke said, “We had a day off here yesterday and I just sat in my room and played.” I love my job, and I work diligently while I am there! I have also mastered the art of relaxation: Do as little as possible for as long as possible! Today, however, was different. Our administrators decided to give us a vacation day, and I assumed that I would do my usual activities. After a long and emotional weekend, I needed the rest! Unfortunately, I did not sit down to take a break until nearly 9:00 p.m.
Here are five things that I did on my “off” day:
1. I woke up early and started editing my previous blog posts.
2. I reviewed the instructions again and read the news for blog post ideas.
3. After getting my car washed, I created some new posts for this week.
4. A friend needed some assistance, and I helped her. Then, I went to my class.
5. After eating, I watched an NBA game.
I insisted on ending my day with some type of entertainment! Why? When I was searching for blog post ideas, I read about a local teenage athlete who died. This disturbing news reminded me of the fragility of life. Tomorrow is not promised; so, I plan to enjoy each day to the fullest! I will continue to work to the best of my ability and rest when I have an off day.
If you enjoyed my post, you might want to read this interesting post by Courtney Carver.